Frequently Asked Questions

8. What if I just bought a new car and I only have a temporary registration?

DMV can only process specialized plate applications for vehicles with existing license plates. After you receive your new registration, please come back to to order a Whale Tail® License Plate.

<< back to faq

Buy Online Now

Click to download form
to buy by mail.

My Coast California License Plate

Click to enlarge

Show. Share. Protect.